Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hugo Winterhalter

Here's 2 old records that have never been reissued. The first one ("The best of '64"), I've purchased 3 different copies of. But for some reason I just can't seem to find a decent copy of this record. Luckily we have people like Graham Newton who can digitally restore this stuff for us. I must admit, I gave him very little to work with. Even though this was the best copy I had, it was in horrible condition. Nonetheless, Graham came through for me. Click HERE for before and after samples. If anybody can restore the audio from a worn out record, Graham Newton's the man! And check out the professional printing on the CD: Top notch work. Thanks Graham. The second record ("The Big Hits of 1965") was in near-mint condition and required absolutely no restoration work (and I only paid 50¢ for it). Go figure. See COMMENTS (below) for track listings. DOWNLOAD LINK
UPDATE: This past week I finally managed to find a pristine copy (near mint!) of "The Best Of '64". So I figured I'd rip it and post that here too. Here's the download link: THE BEST OF '64 - HUGO WINTERHALTER & HIS ORCHESTRA

8 comments:

totalrod2 said...

THE BEST OF '64:
1- Shangri-La
2- People
3- Hello Dolly (from the Broadway musical "Hello Dolly!")
4- The Girl From Ipanema
5- Wives and Lovers
6- Java
7- Love Me With All your Heart
8- Call Me Irresponsible
9- Don't Let The Rain Come Down (Crooked Little Man)
10- I Wish You Love
11- Yesterday's Gone
12- Where Love Has Gone
THE BIG HITS OF 1965
1- Chim Chim Cheree
2- Dream on Little Dreamer
3- Red Roses for a Blue Lady
4- Who Can I Turn To
5- King of the Road
6- Forget Domani
7- Cast Your Fate to the Wind
8- Goldfinger
9- A Walk in the Black Forest
10- Crying in the Chapel
11- Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte
12- Downtown

litlgrey said...

I'm gonna be a pussy-shit and snub your talented minion, and just grab YOUR rips.

Something about the word PRISTINE appeals to me.

totalrod2 said...

Of course if you don't download the first file I posted, you won't get that 1965 album. I know, all my files are so friggin large. That's because I transfer everything at the highest bitrate possible for MP3's. And soon I'll be transferring my entire minidisc collection to FLAC (the last thing I need is to compress those particular files any more than they already are). Enjoy.

mel said...

Many thanks for these.

litlgrey said...

I got it covered, I got it covered. I seen wut ya dun.

Maestro said...

Hello Friends,

I just need some information and anyone's help would be great.

Just listen to this parts.

http://www.4shared.com/file/79938676/c9138208/_2_.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/79938013/ebaeadb3/_3_.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/78164263/6f79560b/12_online.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/92690000/263091b/13_online.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/80422346/460e9e55/14_online.html

These are the tunes I'm looking for and I want to know the composers or names.
Just let me know if you can recognize them.

Cheers.

totalrod2 said...

Maestro, my advice would be for you to join Graham Newton's "Beautiful-Instrumentals" group (148 members and counting) and post this message over there. Someone there should know. Sorry I can't be of more help.
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Beautiful-Instrumentals/?v=1&t=search&ch=web&pub=groups&sec=group&slk=1

Maestro said...

Thank you so much for your hints.
I have posted my request there.
Let's see if someone knows these tunes.

Kind Regards,
Maestro.